Saturday, April 17, 2010

Tall socks, no shirt.

CrossFit officially today. I went to bed at 6:15, rolled out of bed at 10:54 and threw my brand-spankin new tall socks on for the 11am team WOD. Domination ensued, and I think it was mainly because of the socks, which obviously make you more bad ass. Just as these ladies.



My rest yesterday left me ridiculously 'up' and ready for today to start, and I was seriously shaking when the wall balls began.

We did the team stadium WOD from last year's CrossFit Games. My team was Carol, Marcos, Kirk, and me.
The 11am WOD:

30 wall balls #20- only one person lifting at a time
300m row
30 box jumps
30 KB swings 1.5 pood
30 push press 45#
30 deadlift 225#- only one person lifting at a time

Time 15:44!

Obviously that wasn't enough so I took my parents out to the track to hit up workout #2. Out at the track I did:

At 1:30pm
5 Rounds of:
10 pullups
10 pushups
Tire pull 25m
Bleachers with tire overhead (I'm guessing the tire was 50#, it was biggest one laying around)
40m over head tire run
Tire drag (backwards) 25m
5 burpees

14 something mintues

That overhead tire run is something that I never, ever want to do again. It was awful, and the day I see a stack of tires in front of CSCF is the day I join a new gym.. just kidding. But really, awful.

After the track with headed to Naked Fish to get a little sushi and some fried ice cream. Totally worth the sugar hit, but now it's sleepy time for an hour or two of much needed rest.

2 comments:

  1. uh hem.... someone is slacking on their new blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you tell me where you got those socks?

    ReplyDelete