Wednesday, April 14, 2010

back = shredded

Second day of blogging what I eat, and I'll be honest, even though it's not like anyone will read this, it still is affecting what I put into my body. I was telling Daren today that I had a solid week and a half were I just craved sweets and pizza all day. Every day. I think I've snapped out of it a little, but that doesn't mean I won't still have to work a little at it.

0700: 3.5 oz nilgai sausage, 2 eggs (fried), one super ripe, sweet kiwi
1045: one sausage patty (1.5 oz?) and a handful of walnuts
1315: Pan seared venison steaks and a plate full of broccoli with almost a half an avocado mixed in.
1730: uh oh... Large Quizno's chicken sandwich. To my defense I was doing a service project with an organization I'm in and I was hungry. I didn't eat ALL of the bread...
2000: 2.5 oz tuna, handful of walnuts. I need to chill out on the nuts for sure.

The venison was awesome, it was just some tenderized round steak I had sitting in the freezer. I marinated the meat over night with: lemon juice, whole peppercorns, dried chipotle, garlic salt, and just a touch of italian dressing. It was so good. Way juicy and tender.

I got in a pretty good workout at 1600, but here's the kicker: I had to go it alone. I totally forgot what it is to do a WOD alone; it's just a totally different dynamic, especially when it's a tough one. This is a Schaub creation WOD.

5 rounds for time:
20 double unders
7 bear complexes with 95# (one bear complex is: clean to front squat to push press to back squat to push press. That's ONE rep!)
10 KB snatch left arm/10 KB snatch right arm. 20 kg.

18:28.

Brutal WOD and I slowed way down after round three. My back said no, and my mind listened...

No comments:

Post a Comment